Bike Train Rules
April 14, 2012 2 Comments
If you are considering joining a train at Thornton Creek or Wedgwood, or if you are pondering organizing something similar in your own locale, please take a few minutes to get acquainted with the rules of Thornton Creek and Wedgwood bike trains.
Rules–hard and fast:
- Children who ride their own cycles must be comfortable and competent on the bike.
- ALL attendees MUST wear helmets!
- Every group must maintain two adults in front and one in back at all times.
- (At least for now) All children must be represented by an adult.
- Group rides must stop at all stop signs and lights and wait for parents to signal that it is safe to cross.
- While bicycle theft is lame, and stealing childrens’ bikes is lame and petty, it is a good idea to come equipped with a lock, and to not leave bikes on racks overnight.
- Be aware of your tire pressure/brake adjustments to be a safe and efficient cyclist.
- To keep a buffer between kids and cars, I suggest that two adults remain on the outside edge of the bike train at all times.